Software Design (ENGR2510)
Welcome to Software Design, the introductory computer science course at Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering. The course is being taught in the fall of 2005 by Mike Wessler, using materials Lynn Andrea Stein has developed as part of the Rethinking CS101 Project.
The class is being taught this year by Mike Wessler, with lab assistant Katie Rivard.
- [Dec 1, 2005] Fixed bug in gamefinder.jar that ignored dropped packets
- [Nov 28, 2005] Posted info about the gamefinder library
- [Nov 14, 2005] Posted some information on how to use some
Swing layout managers
- [Nov 5, 2005] Updated Design document section of the final project
- [Oct 30, 2005] Final project description, rules, and schedule out
- [Oct 24, 2005] Guest lecture by Jim Waldo
- [Oct 23, 2005] Lab 7, part 2 out; due by midnight on Friday, October 28
- [Oct 17, 2005] Lab 7 part 1 out; due by midnight on Friday October 21
- [Oct 17, 2005] A better example of Swing events and inner and anonymous classes
- [Oct 11, 2005] Lab 6 out; due by midnight on Friday, October 14
- [Oct 3, 2005] Calculator project file out for Lab 5
- [Sep 29, 2005] Lab 5 out; due by midnight on Thursday, October 6
- [Sep 27, 2005] New version of Lab 4. You may use either version.
- [Sep 22, 2005] Lab 4 out; due by midnight on Thursday, September 29
- [Sep 21, 2005] Lab 3 code released.
- [Sep 15, 2005] Lab 3 handed out; due by midnight on Thursday, September 22
- [Sep 12, 2005] Added references for lists of Java order of operations and statement types.
- [Sep 9, 2005] Changed Textbook link to Reference with more references.
- [Sep 8, 2005] Lab 2 handed out; due by midnight on Thursday, September 15
- [Sep 3, 2005] Web site fixed. Fall course site up for real.
- [Sep 1, 2005] Lab 1 handed out; due before lab on Wednesday, September 7
- [Sep 1, 2005] Fall course site up (busted); semester begins.
- <<< less