6.030 - Introduction to Interactive
Quick links: [Current Assignment] [Current Notes] [Course Staff] [Email Archive] [Handouts] [Notes] [Assignments] [Java
- A FAQ for the final project can be found here; the handout about the
final project is here.
- You can find a list of group numbers for your group here. The number corresponds to some
directory which both you and your partner have access to, in the form of
U:/cm/cm# -- for instance, if you are group 01, then you have
access to the U:/cm/cm01 directory.
- The Post-Lab self-evaluation is available here.
- Contrary to popular belief, Wire is actually
cs101.net.Wire and not CatAndMouse.Wire.
- This week's office hours (held in lab):
- Sun 9pm - jen
- Tue noon - matt
- Tue 6pm - jen
- Wed 6pm - matt
- To run CatAndMouse on athena:
athena% cd /mit/6.030/Public/CatAndMouse
athena% java CatAndMouse.CatDemo (or
- You should have received e-mail about lab partners. Assignments are here. (11/4/99)
- DefaultFrame is in cs101.awt not cs101.util. (You can link to
the Javadoc for the cs101 package here,
if you want to re-look at the DefaultFrame information.)
- Link to the Java
- There will be staffing during normal lab hours (2-5pm MTW) next week
(week of 10/10), including Monday (which is a holiday). Feel free to come
by and work on the last lab, or begin the next one. You are not required
to come to lab, and you don't have to go on your normal day.
- LAs will be holding the same office hours as last week (see below under
"Older News"); additionally, Mike W. will have office hours at 1:00pm on
Friday, and Duncan is still having office hours on Thursdays. All hours
meet in the lab, room 34-501. (10/07/99)
- Please fill out an evaluation form and
turn it in with your Laboratory 3 write-up this Friday (15 Oct).
- It turns out that the program we were using to transfer files, WS_FTP,
is not secure. If you would like to transfer files from the lab to
your athena account, please use SecureCRT. Additionally, if you would like
to change your password on athena, use the command "passwd".
- Instructions on running the nodeNet
demonstration are available. (10/03/99)
- Several LAs are now having office hours on a trial basis:
- Sunday - 9:00pm (Jennifer)
- Tuesday - 12:00pm (Matt)
- Tuesday - 6:00pm (Jennifer)
- Wednesday - 6:00pm (Matt)
Additionally, Duncan is still holding office hours from 2-5 on
Thursdays. All office hours will be conducted in the lab, room 34-501. If
you would like to meet with a member of the course staff by appointment,
please send e-mail. If you
need the combination to the outer door, also send e-mail.
- Instructions on how to transfer files from the lab to your athena
account are now available. (9/27/99) (10/07/99: WS_FTP
is NOT secure. You should use SecureCRT
- There are several errors in Laboratory 0. Please check the errata for changes.
- There will be no lottery in 6.030 this semester. If you attended the
first meeting of the course, you should make sure that you are enrolled
(i.e. that you have registered for the course with the registrar).
- Section assignments and labs are coming soon. Friday 9/10 is a
lecture meeting. Laboratories and sections begin the week of
- If you have a conflict with the 9/20 lab, please let us know ASAP.
- You can email us anytime for more
This section lists what items were distributed in each class session. See
the Course Notes listing below for daily reading
- Wednesday, 9/8/99:
- Initial Handout (general
information, grading policy, etc.)
- Tentative Syllabus
- Book receipt (must be obtained on paper)
- Enrollment Form
Course Staff, Contact Info, Office
- To contact course staff: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- To contact course members: email@example.com or
zwrite -i 6.030
Professor Lynn Andrea Stein, firstname.lastname@example.org, x3-2663, NE43-811. Office
hours by appointment.
Duncan Bryce, email@example.com
Mike Wessler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Ashford, email@example.com
Jennifer Chung, firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Deeds, email@example.com
Michael Harder, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pavel Langer, email@example.com
Paul Njoroge, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Secretary Jean Hwang,
This course is a part of Lynn Andrea Stein's Rethinking CS101
project at the MIT AI Lab and the
Department of Electrical Engineering
and Computer Science at the Massachusetts Institute of